If you enjoy helping others, working in a team environment and want to use your language skills to help your community, then look no further. At Connecting Cultures interpreting is not just a job, it is a career.
Apply now and start on your journey toward becoming a professional medical interpreter today!
Job Description: Medical Interpreter
Wage Category: Hourly
Work week: Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Additional Requirements: Nature of business, day may start before 8:00 and end after 5:00. Individual shares on-call responsibilities with other individuals on their language team. Work requires willingness to be flexible in scheduling and does require evening and weekend interpreting hours
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Facilitate effective communication between Connecting Culture’s customers and their limited English proficient clients while adhering to healthcare medical interpreter code of ethics and the company standards of practice and service
Build a positive team environment and professional relationships with all internal and external customers.
Use effective problem solving and critical thinking skills to adapt to challenges inherent to meeting the demands of Connecting Cultures and its customers.
Continued Professional Development
Continuously learn additional concepts, skills, and information relevant to healthcare medical interpreting, industry, and business knowledge both independently and collaboratively and in both formal and informal learning environments.
Internal duties as required to complete both company and department tasks.
- Advanced high proficiency in language pairs as described by the ATCFL speaking proficiency guidelines and ratings
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to complete Connecting Cultures proprietary interpreter training program OR have completed another interpreter training program
- Capable of meeting the learning objectives in a specified length of time
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to manage one’s self
- Ability to work within a diverse environment
- US healthcare system
- Broad understanding of both cultures and ability to explain both
- Health care terminology and concepts
- Professional business etiquette
- Stand for long periods of time
- Sit for long periods of time
- Lengthy work hours
- Ability to perform within varying times of a 24 hour period
- Mobility to go from one location/exam room to another quickly
- Good hand dexterity
- Ability to drive under any conditions
- Classroom setting
- Health care setting
- Professional office setting
- Geographic service area
- Sights, smells and events associated with health care
- Computer and software applications
- Multiline phone system
- Cell phone
- Audio equipment
- Dependable car/valid driver’s license